1. Booking Enquiries:
- When I receive your enquiry, I will contact you to confirm availability.
- For bookings more than 8 weeks ahead:
A firm booking will be made upon receipt of a deposit of £100 per cottage. Please make your cheque payable to Holiday Home Yorkshire and post it to:Holiday Home Yorkshire9 Back LaneReethRichmondNorth YorkshireDL11 6UZ
- Payment of the balance is due 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. Please send your cheque for the balance to me by the due date. I do not send out reminders. In the event of this balance not being received on time, I reserve the right to cancel the booking without further notice and without any refund of deposit.
- For bookings less than 8 weeks ahead:
Full payment is due on confirmation of availability. Please send your cheque payable to Sally-Ann Wallington to the address shown above.
- A receipt will be supplied to you for your payment of both the Deposit and the Balance.
2. What is included in the price?
- Please check per individual cottage, but generally provision of all beddings (duvets and pillows), linen, and 2 tea towels. Other items as specified per cottage (e.g. towels).
- All heating costs including initial supply of fuel for wood burning stove.
- All electricity.
In the event of cancellation the deposit will not be refunded. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. If cancellation is notified within 8 weeks of the start date, you will be liable to pay the full balance, unless the property is relet for the cancellation period. I strongly advise you to insure against risk of losing whole rent in the event of cancellation.
Cancellations or changes by the owner
The owners do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, sometimes problems happen and bookings have to be changed or cancelled or mistakes on the website or other details corrected. The owner has the right to do this. If they do, we, on their behalf, will contact you (by phone if reasonably possible in the case of a significant change or cancellation – we will let you know about minor changes by post) as soon as is reasonably practical. We will explain what has happened and let you know about the cancellation or change.
Should the property not be available due to circumstances out of my control (for example fire, theft or damage), I cannot guarantee to provide alternative accommodation. In this case all sums will be returned to you in full, but you will have no claim against me.
5. Number in your party
Under no circumstances shall the number of persons using the accommodation exceed the stated capacity of the cottage. I reserve the right to cancel the let, without refund of sums paid, should this condition not be observed.
The property owner or their representative shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during the rental period, if required.
Guests are responsible for reporting and paying for any breakages or damage caused by themselves, visitors or pets to the contents, furnishings, or the property itself.
Weekly rentals start either on a Friday or a Saturday, dependent on the cottage – please see individual cottage pages for details. Weekly rentals are from 4pm on the day of changeover to 10am on the following day of changeover (e.g. 4pm Sat to 10am Sat), except Short Breaks (WSB) when the day of arrival/departure may vary. Guests agree that, on departure, the accommodation is left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
Guests undertake to relieve the owner from responsibility for loss, injury, or damage to any member of the resident party, or their property, however caused, while resident in the letting property. It is strongly reccommended that guests take out appropriate insurance to cover themselves and their property whilst on holiday.
10. Dogs & Pets
- Please check individual cottage pages to see if they allow a dog/pet or not.
- If a pet is allowed at the property, this is by prior arrangement with the owner. If a guest takes a pet to the property without prior arrangement, or exceeds the number/size of pet, the owner can refuse to allow the guest to take possession of the property or make the guest leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this occurs, the owner shall treat the booking as being cancelled by the guest and the guest shall have no claim against the owner for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
- The guest is liable for all damage caused by their pet. The guest should remove all traces (inside and out) from the property of pet occupation before final departure. The owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the guest’s occupancy.
- Pets must not be allowed upstairs, on beds or any furniture within the property.
- Pets must not be left alone in the property at any time.
- If the guest breaks these conditions the owner has the right to ask the guest to desist. If the guest fails to do so the owner can take the action described in 10(b) above.